Saturday, February 24, 2007

Left Hand Warrior IPA

I have a soft spot in my heart for Left Hand Brewery, one they are from Longmont and I have a friend from there, two they were one of the first CO craft breweries I visited, and three, they make darn good beer. I have tasted many of their fine brews. This was my first time trying this a seasonal beer made with fresh wet hops.
The Beer: A brew made with fresh hop flowers right after the Hop Harvest of the fall. Came in one of Left Hand's BIG BEER's. Poured a nice smooth clear amber color with a thick tan head. As expected lots of full floural hops on the nose. The mouth is efferevescent full of hops, like chewing a hop flower, strong, no malt to help balance it out here. Beyond the strong biting hops their is an alcohol astringency here that almost over powers everything. This is an ok beer that with a little bit of balance could have been a great beer. Here's what the folks over at BA had to say.

No comments: