Monday, April 28, 2008

Yes I'm Back

and no I am not dead.....I know its been a while, much longer than I originally planned between my last post and now. Blame it on buying a new house, blame it on weird work schedules, or blame it on getting a bit burned out with tasting and posting on the blog. Whatever you wanna call it, I'm back, refreshed, and better than ever.
With that intro over and done with there is SOOOO Much news to talk about. This one is going to be a rapid fire post filled with as much newsy bits on beer as I can remember.

- Texas beers kicked some arse at the World Beer Cup: Saint Arnold's wins a GOLD for their wonderful Divine Reserve 4 a Wee Heavy Scotch ale, and a Silver for their Elissa IPA. Our friends up North, Rahr Brewery in Ft. Worth wins a Bronze for Bucking Bock Spring seasonal. Way to go guys.

- Speaking of Divine Reserve Saint Arnold's has announced that Divine Reserve 6 will be a Hoppy American Barley Wine. They are brewing it now to be released in June. Can't wait.

- Over on the Beer Advocate website you can hear all about the new great beers that are coming to Texas - Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale and Old Chub, Deschuttes, more of the XS beers from Rogue, Anderson Valley, Green Flash, and many more. Its an exciting time for Texas Craft Beer lovers, as I can't remember this many new great beers coming in at once.

- Texas's newest craft brewery Southern Star is open for business. They hosted their open house which from all reports was excellent. Their beer should be at local Spec's this week! Can't wait to pick up a six pack!

- Lastly some Session news. I can't believe I haven't had a chance to participate in this great event the last couple of months. I'm a huge proponent of it and I've been with it since the beginning and will continue to promote it as much as I can. With that here is the Session # 14 round up, and over here is the announcement for The Session # 15 hosted by Boak and Bailey, the theme is 'How did it start for you?'

Before I close this post, check out over to the right, as I've added some additional beer links. I'll be back later this week for more beer news.

No comments: