Monday, July 28, 2008

Green Flash Trippel

Just a few days ago I had my first Green Flash and I'm already a big fan. Such a fan in fact that I have eagerly picked up another one of their beers to try out. Another one of their big bottled beers, this time going from an American staple to a Belgian one.
The Beer: Pouring this one into a Duvel glass it weighs in at 8.5% (a little low compared to other trippel's) and looks a golden orange color capped with a thick frothy dense bright white head. The nose is fruity, hoppy, apricots, and white grapes along with other citrusy notes. The mouth is full of effervescence, like pop rocks going off in your mouth. There are notes of honey, lemoncello, caramel, candied sugar and white fruits. This one is NICE! Very crisp. The only negative is there is a bit of astringency and alcohol burn at the finish. A great trippel. This one gets a strong B+ from me. Here's what the folks at BA had to say.

No comments: