Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pike Brewing Extra Stout

This is the second brew that I've had from this Seattle based brewery. Of course this is another brewery that has only recently entered our marketplace, but its one that I'm proud to see here. This one as with all their beers that I've seen comes packaged in a big 22 oz bottle.
The Beer: This one weighs in at 7.0% and pours a pitch black with a crema colored head. Not as an Imperial Stout. Roasted malts, burnt coffee beans, and a nice sweetness on the nose. The mouth is smooth, with a slight burnt bean taste, chocolate and creamy. Not very bitter, but then again that's something I enjoy in richer stouts. There is a nice creamy texture here. I wish there was more dark bitter chocolate flavors. A good solid stout, but not a great one. This one gets a solid B from me for being a good solid stout. Here's what the folks at BA had to say.

No comments: